Dear Cherryhurst Constable Patrol current and prospective subscribers,
It's time to (re)subscribe to the Cherryhurst Constable Patrol for the 2019/2020 contract year (effective March 1, 2019 - February 29, 2020). Our fundraising deadline is Thursday, February 28, 2019, which is when our contract payment is due.
For those interested in learning more about the Constable Program and its benefits to the neighborhood, please go to http://www.mwpatrol.org. We participate in the Constable Program through the Mandell Winlow group.
2019/2020 subscription rates:
- Underwriter membership: $495
- Standard membership: $395
How to pay:
- By Check
Make checks payable to: Cherryhurst Civic Association
In memo section of check, write "Constable Patrol"
Deliver checks to: 1700 Haver Street (modern house on corner of Windsor & Haver, red door) by February 28. Please insert hand deliveries in the slot of the mail box to the left of the front door at 1700 Haver. Unfortunately, our ability to accept credit card payments online is disabled, but we hope to have it working again soon.
The Security Committee
THANK YOU to the Underwriters for the 2018 / 2019 year, whose support ensured the success of the program last year:
Jane and Nelson Bruns
Donna and Thomas Moore
Kathryn and Howard Peek
Ann and Peter Hotez
Carol and David Rensink
Micha and Gauthier van Marcke
Karma Burford and David Arnold
Wendy Hawkins and Avrim Fishkind
Shirley and Trevor Jefferies
Carol and Michael Wilk
Andrea and Bruce Holzband
Information about the Constable Patrol Program: Cherryhurst has partnered with Mandell Place and Winlow Place to combat crime, forming the Mandell/Winlow Constable Patrol, which provides law enforcement officers dedicated to our area.
Since the Constable Patrol was implemented in 2015, we have seen a significant drop in crime in the Cherryhurst neighborhood. The benefits of subscription include:
- Reduced crime in the neighborhood since the inception of the Constable Patrol (criminals have moved to less-protected neighborhoods)
- First-responder for your alarm system (no need to wait for HPD)
- Faster response times
- “Vacation Watch” patrol services when you are away from your home
- Highly visible metal yard sign to warn that the home is patrolled by the Constable
- Car stickers to indicate that you are part of the program and that your car is protected, as is your home
- Home security inspections to find and reduce vulnerabilities and hazards - Monthly bulletins and updates regarding security and crime
- Assistance in becoming more proactive in enhancing your safety and security through special programs, classes and meetings, self-defense/rape prevention for women
The success of this anti-crime initiative is dependent upon the participation of Cherryhurst residents. Subscriptions to the Constable program have unfortunately dropped off because residents perceive that there is less crime and don’t see the advantage of continuing their support of the program, but less crime means the program is working! So tell your neighbors to subscribe! And the more subscribers we have, the cheaper the subscription will become!